- Provide capacity building and knowledge sharing. Organize conference, exhibition, training seminars about the transition and strategies related to carbon neutrality both in urban and rural areas.
- Provide consulting services to government’s authorities, at every level, and private enterprises for decarbonized technical solution based on social and economic sustainability, through the adoption of international standards and proprietary effective holistic methodologies.
- Promote the access, then support the development of European and Chinese enterprises into both markets.
- Keep close relations with the relevant Government Authorities, industry organizations and companies in China and Europe.
OUR CORE ACTIVITIES ARE ALSO HIGHLY ALIGNED WITH CHINA'S "1+N POLICY"
In 2021 August, China has set up a leading group on carbon peak and carbon neutrality at the central level, which will formulate and release the “1+N” policy system. “1” refers the guideline for carbon neutrality, and “N” includes the action plan for carbon neutrality by 2030 as well as policy measures and actions in key sectors and industries, mainly including the following ten aspects.
- Optimize the energy mix
- Promote the optimization and upgrading of industries.
- Promote energy-efficient and low-carbon buildings and infrastructure
- Build a green and low-carbon transportation system
- Develop a circular economy
- Promote innovation in green and low-carbon technologies.
- Develop green finance to expand financial support and investment
- Introduce supporting economic policies and reform measures
- Establish and improve carbon trading markets
- Implement nature-based solutions
On the 24th October, 2021, China’s CPC Central Committee and the State Council have jointly issued the long-awaited Working Guidance for Carbon Dioxide Peaking and Carbon Neutrality in Full and Faithful Implementation of the New Development Philosophy. The Guidance is the overarching document of China’s “1+N” policy framework for carbon peaking and neutrality, alongside the Action Plan for Carbon Peak by 2030, which is meant as a framework for the “1+N” policy toolbox for carbon peak and carbon neutrality.
The Guideline outlines China main objectives in the short, medium, and long term:
By 2025: lay the foundation for the next steps
By 2030: CO2 emission peak
By 2060: Carbon neutrality
Share of non-fossil energy consumption
25% (1200 GW of wind and solar power installed capacity)
CO2 emissions (per unit of GDP)
-18% compared to 2020’s levels
-65% compared to 2005’s levels
“China will have fully established a green, low-carbon and circular economy and a clean, low-carbon, safe and efficient energy system. Energy efficiency will be at the advanced international level.” (no specific targets)
“MOFCOM will guide the green, low-carbon sustainable development in national level economic development zones and encourage development zones to take the lead in achieve carbon peaking and carbon neutrality, to facilitate the green and orderly transformation to green, sustainable zones.”
– MOFCOM Press Conference on November 2nd, 2021